The Importance of Transferring Operating System
I have an old 120GB hard disk drive, and now I want to upgrade hard disk by transfer the operating system to another hard drive without reinstalling Windows. Because I am tired of the low disk space problem, which makes me can not restore data or install applications. The most unbearable point is that the computer works at a very low speed. So is there a good solution to transfer operating system without reinstallation?
From the above situation, you can know that it is significant for moving OS to another hard drive. I guess that most people who often work with computer have met this kind of problem before. To upgrade your hard disk for running computer smoothly, in this case, we need a professional and free system clone software to transfer operating system to another hard drive securely. Here, the best recommendation will be provided to you.
Excellent Cloning Software: AOMEI Backupper
Nowadays, this magic cloning software - AOMEI Backupper has been regarded as the best strategy in resolving the problem of "transfer operating system". It supports disk and system clone in Windows 10, Windows 8.1/8, Windows 7, Vista, XP and Windows Server 2003, 2008 (R2), 2012 (R2), 2016. If your operating system is PC, you can download AOMEI Backupper Professional; If it is a server, AOMEI Backupper Server will help you to protect them.
With powerful features, backup, restore, sync, clone can be done for data protection. Besides, by system clone function, it is easy to migrate OS to another hard drive or copy/clone system partition data, which avoid reinstalling system when hard disk updating and also protect system data.
Then, let's see the detailed steps of how does this software work for transferring system. To preview the steps, you can download 30-day free trial. To execute the operations, you need a license code to register the program first. Besides, AOMEI Backupper not only transfer OS, but also applications and personal data (like photos, music, documents, etc) in C drive to another hard drive or SSD.
Step 1: Select "Clone" option in the left side of the main interface. Then, select "System Clone" to transfer OS.
Step 2: The program will automatically select source partitions including OS drive and other partitions related to boot computer. Therefore, you just need to select another hard drive as destination location (here is Disk1), and then click "Next".
Step 3: On the "Operation Summary" window, you can preview source partitions which will be transferred to another hard drive. If there is no problem, click "Start Clone" to perform the operation.
Step 4: When system clone progress is completed, click "Finish".
From the demonstrations above, there is no doubt that this tool is the best software to transfer operating system to another hard drive. As an old saying goes, "seeing is believing". So just download this software and have a try immediately.
- At "Step 2", if there are partitions on the hard drive that you select as destination. The program will prompt you it will overwirte or delete them. You can backup partitions before cloning.
- At "Step 3", you can choose whether to use "Sector by sector clone", which will clone all space of source partitions no mather they are used or not and will take a longer time. If another hard drive is an SSD, it is recommended to tick the box before "Align partition to optimize for SSD" for better performance.
- If the disk space of destination partition is larger than source partitions, to use full capacity you can use AOMEI Partition Assistant to resize partition after cloning.
- If source disk and destination disk cannot be connected to your computer at the same time, you can transfer os to another hard drive by creating a system image first and restoring system image to another hard drive under bootable media.
- If source disk only holds your OS or you want to transfer OS drive and data partitions together to another hard drive, you can choose "Disk Clone".
- If you need to transfer OS to another hard drive in a different computer which has dissimilar hardware, please use Dissimilar Hardware Restore.