Why to Move Operating System to New Hard Drive?
Question 1: I am using a Windows Server 2003 OS computer, and capacity of my hard disk is 120GB. With more and more applications installed and files restored, the hard disk faces a severe low disk space problem. Then I decide to buy a new and larger disk to replace it. However, as known to many people, the reinstallation of the operating system would cost a lot of time. Then, I wonder is there a way to move the operating system to new hard drive to avoid OS reinstallation?
Question 2: Recently, I have met a tough disk problem. That is my computer crashes frequently due to many reasons, such as, virus and hacker attack, wrong operation and so on. In this case, mostly I have to reinstall the operating system. However, there will be some data loss to some extent, such as, the applications in system drive. Is there a program that can move the operating system to new hard drive so as to keep a backup of the system and the applications?
From the two questions above, we can know that there are main two reasons to move the operating system to new hard drive. One is to avoid OS reinstallation, and the other one is to ensure data and system security. To achieve the two aims, it is a necessity of OS migration. But how to do the work, using a professional software for clone system drive is wise.
Free and Powerful Tool to Clone Hard Drive
As for the OS transferring, a clone software, AOMEI Backupper can complete it easily and excellently, also support to work on Windows 8/7/Vista/XP and Server 2003/2008 etc. It possesses the function of clone, which can copy OS to new hard drive though just a few clicks. Then, let's see its operation steps as below.
1. Launch AOMEI Backupper. Under “Clone” table, select “Partition Clone”.
2. Select C drive to be the source partition for clone system drive. Click “Next”.
3. Then you need to add a new hard drive to store system data.
4. After you select the source partition and destination hard drive, you can start to clone partition. In the left corner, there is an option “Sector by sector clone”, this feature will clone all data including useful or useless data in partition and will take much time. The default is quick clone. It takes less time.
Like this, you can easily move the operating system to new hard drive. With AOMEI Backupper, it plays a significant role to transfer OS and you can avoid to reinstalling system after computer crashes and protect data.
Apart from the feature of disk/partition clone, this magic tool can also do disk/partition backup and recovery as well. In addition, it has many other assisting functions, such as, image file explorer, bootable CD, image checking, etc. Therefore, just download this freeware and have a try.
- Learn to Transfer OS to a New Hard Drive Securely
- Use freeware to Clone Windows 7 to New Hard Drive without Reinstallation?
- Best Strategy to Copy Hard Drive to New Hard Drive Excellently
- How to Migrate Operating System to SSD without Reinstallation
- How to Migrate Windows 7 from HDD to SSD Successfully?
- How to Do Disk Clone
- Best Hard Drive Backup Software for Your Computer
- Restore Your Hard Drive with Recovery Freeware