When you need to mirror hard drive to SSD?
There are many different reasons lead you want to mirror hard drive to SSD.
- You may want to replace HDD with SSD without reinstalling Windows. SSD is better than HDD. No matter the constructions or the working expression, SSD has a better performance than the traditional HDD. Its faster running time and quieter working environment are very popular. Thus, more and more users would like to use SSD to get a better performance. Mirror hard drive to SSD should be the best way to keep the data from the old hard drive on to your new SSD.
- Suppose that your computer is broken and you need to send your computer for repair. When you send it to repair, you will face a problem that the computer may be reinstalled, and all your data and applications will gone forever, while you do not want to abandon your old data. Thus, if you mirror hard drive to SSD, you can keep your data on the SSD and boot from the SSD without reinstalling Windows.
- Besides, mirror hard drive to SSD is a good way to protect your data safe from data loss. You will meet many situations which can leads your data loss, such as hard drive failure, system crash, unexpected deletion, laptop stolen, etc. But here is the question: how to mirror hard drive to SSD in Windows 10/8/7?
How to mirror hard drive to SSD in Windows?
To mirror hard drive to SSD in Windows is to make an exactly copy from hard drive to SSD. For this task, here we introduce you a powerful disk cloning software AOMEI Backupper, which can help you clone HDD to SSD, and you can boot from the cloned SSD after cloning. Before you do, here you need to prepare something for it:
- Prepare an SSD which is large enough to store all data on your old hard drive. AOMEI Backupper allows you to clone old hard drive to smaller SSD, but if you would like to make an exactly copy from hard drive to SSD, then the SSD must be as large as your old hard drive at least.
- Install AOMEI Backupper Professional on your PC if you are Windows PC users (you can also download AOMEI Backupper Standard free for some utilities). But if you are Windows Server users, the AOMEI Backupper Server is suitable for you.
Then, you can follow the detailed steps to mirror hard drive to SSD.
Step1.Connect your SSD to computer, make sure it can be detected. Launch AOMEI Backupper. To mirror hard drive to SSD, here you can use the Disk Clone feature to clone HDD to SSD. Select Disk Clone under the Clone tab.
Step2.Then, follow the guide to select the hard drive as the source disk.
Step3.Then, choose the SSD as the destination disk.
Step4.Then, you will move to the final page where you can confirm the whole progress. If there is no problem, you can clickStart Clone to submit the task.
- AOMEI Backupper allows you to edit partitions on the destination disk according to your requirements. Click the Settings of “Edit partition on the destination disk” to edit.
- AOMEI Backupper allows you to make an exactly clone from hard drive to SSD. Check the box before “Sector by sector clone”, it will clone every byte on your old hard drive no matter it used or not.
- AOMEI Backupper allows you to optimize the performance of SSD after cloning, check the box before “Align partition to optimize for SSD”, it will keep your SSD in the best status.
AOMEI Backupper is such a great disk cloning software that you can also use it to clone system, clone a specific partition only. You can also use it to create system image backup, restore computer to earlier date, even restore system to dissimilar hardware once you need. It is far beyond those features, and trust me, it is the most powerful software for you to secure your Windows computer and data.