I bought an Intel 520 series 240GB SSD and want to clone my Windows 7 system from hard drive to my Intel SSD. So, I installed the Intel Data Migration Software to clone. But an error “The operation failed” message occurred when I was trying to clone HDD to Intel SSD. I tried twice and the same error occurred. What should I do? Any help would be appreciated.
Intel Data Migration Software
To get the problem fixed, you have to know the Intel Data Migration Software, which is a free tool to move or clone a client operating system from a hard disk drive (HDD) to an Intel Solid State Drive (SSD). It can be used on a desktop or mobile system. Besides, Intel Data Migration Software only works for Intel SSD, like Intel SSD 750 series, Intel 730 series SSD, etc.
Thus, many people prefer to use the Intel Data Migration Software to clone system from HDD to SSD drive.
Overview of Intel Data Migration Software Problems
However, nothing can be perfect. Intel Data Migration Software has some problems, some of users complained about Intel Data Migration Software not working, Intel Data Migration Software not detecting SSD drive, Intel Data Migration Software clone disk operation failed, even Intel Data Migration Software has stopped working etc.
Why these problems appear? Some reasons should take responsibility for these issues.
- The file system of source disk partitions cannot be recognized by Intel Data Migration Software. That is to say, Intel Data Migration Software has detected unsupported hard disk drives.
- Enable full disk encryption.
So, you will get Intel Data Migration Software error, like disk is not found, or Intel Data Migration Software does not recognize SSD, etc.
The only way to solve these problems is to clone system or hard drive again. But, Intel Data Migration Software not working problem would bother you again when you try the second time.
Another Reliable Solution to Migrate OS
Is there any other way to fix these problems? The answer is definite. AOMEI Backupper Professional is a powerful cloning software to migrate OS from HDD to SSD without losing data, which is better than Intel Data Migration Software. It’s highly recommended by users due to its intuitive interface and comprehensive functions. Besides, AOMEI Backupper Professional allows you to clone entire hard drive, clone individual partition, restore to dissimilar hardware, command line clone, etc.
To describe how to transfer Windows 7/8/10 operating system to Intel SSD safely, follow the instructions:
1. Connect the Intel SSD drive with your computer via SATA to USB cable. Download AOMEI Backupper Professional, install, launch, and register the program, on the home interface, select “Clone” > "System Clone" in turn.
2. Select the Intel SSD as the destination disk to save the Windows 7/8/10 OS. Then press “Next”.
3. Preview the result of the cloning operation, check the “Align partition to optimize for SSD” option, click “Start Clone” to migrate OS from HDD to Intel SSD.
- If your Intel SSD is larger than your original hard drive, you can tick “Sector by sector clone” to clone all sectors on your HDD to Intel SSD.
- After cloning finished, shut down your computer, disconnect the source disk and connect destination disk to the socket of source disk.
Wait for a while, the cloning operation will be finished. AOMEI Backupper Professional can make up for Intel Data Migration Software not working problem with a perfect solution.
If your computer is an laptop and has only one card slot, you can backup your system to an external hard drive, and create bootable media, then take out your system hard drive, put your Intel SSD drive into the card slot, then boot your computer with bootable media, run AOMEI Backupper, and restore system to Intel SSD using the external hard drive, then everything is done.