About Intel SSD
SSD (solid state disk) is a kind of disk that is made from solid electronic memory chip array and consists of control unit and memory unit. Compared with traditional disk, it is with higher stability and storage performance. Intel SSD is sturdy and durable; without movable parts, it is especially suitable for devices that require high speed.Therefore, Intel SSDs such as Intel SSD 730 Series, 535 Series and 600P Series are very popular among computer users.
Why Is SSD Clone Necessary?
Nowadays, due to some problems or causes, users always need to clone SSD to another SSD. The reasons for them to clone SSD are concluded as follows:
1. For SSD upgrading or replacing
AS the development of SSD and the decrease of it’s price, more and more users are likely to purchase SSD as boot disk or for data storage to improve computer operating performance. And as SSD has been used for some days, it may run out of space or some sectors of SSD are damaged. At this time, you may need to upgrade or replace your Intel SSD to a larger or with a new one.
2. For data migration
Sometime, it is necessary for another SSD for anther computer to have the same operating system and application of the Intel SSD. Therefore, you may need to migrate data from Intel SSD to another SSD.
3. Just for data safety
It is known to us, there are many reasons for causing data loss. It is important for us to protect the data safety, especially for some important data. Thus, it is necessary for us to clone these important data.
“Disk clone” is the best way to solve above problems. It can copy the operating system and all applications from Intel SSD to another SSD. That is to say, “Disk clone” will create a complete copy of the data on Intel SSD. But do you know how to clone SSD to another SSD easily and safely? The answer is lies in the following parts.
How to Clone SSD easily and safely?
There are so many software that can help you to clone disk. However, there is no doubt that AOMEI Backupper Standard is the outstanding one among them. It offers users “Disk Clone” function for free and without interrupting running operation system (it is called “live disk cloning”). That is to say, it will not waste your time while cloning SSD to another SSD. Then, let’s see the detailed steps to clone disk through AOMEI Backupper. First, download AOMEI Backupper Standard and install it. Next, just do the steps as follows.
1. GPT SSD (with more than three partitions) can’t be cloned to MBR SSD.
2. When your operating system is 32-bit, you’d better not to clone MBR SSD to GPT SSD; because 32-bit system can’t boot from GPT SSD; only 64-bit system supports boot from GPT SSD.
3. If your Intel SSD is installed on a laptop and your laptop, you may need to connect the new SSD to laptop through USB cable. In order to avoid data loss, you’d better backup SSD with AOMEI Backupper; then, if there is something bad happening, you can restore disk image you have created with AOMEI Backupper.
Step 1: Connect another SSD to your Intel SSD installed PC and ensure it can be detected.
Step 2: To clone Intel SSD to another SSD, here you can open AOMEI Backupper Standard and Select “Disk Clone” under tab “Clone”.
Step 3: Choose the Intel SSD as the source disk. And Click “Next”.
Select the new SSD as the destination disk and click “Next”
Step 4: Click “Start Clone”.
1. Place a tick in the box before “Align partition to optimize for SSD” to make the new SSD at it’s best performance.
2. By default, AOMEI Backupper just clones the existing data on the disk and will not clone these deleted data. If you want copy all the data (whether it has been deleted or not), you can choose the option of “sector by sector" option.
3. The option of “edit partitions on the destination disk” is possible through upgrading to AOMEI Backupper Professional version.
To Clone Intel SSD to another SSD with the free software AOMEI Backupper is easy and safe. AOMEI Backupper also allows you to clone other SSDs such as Smasung SSD and Sandisk SSD to SSD or HDD. It is a great third party tool for users to clone and backup data safely and effectively. With good compability, it supports Windows 7/8/10, Windows XP and Windows Vista. What’s more, AOMEI Backupper also support system clone and partition clone. You can upgrade your AOMEI Backupper Standard to Professional version to use the function of partition clone.