Why you need to copy hard disk to hard disk?
For many reasons, you would like to copy your hard drive to another hard drive exactly. Suppose that your computer is damaged and you need to sent it for repair. When you sent your computer to repair, you need to borrow another computer for the duration of the repair. In the meantime, you do not have your data, applications, and work environment on your original computer. In this situation, it would be ideal to make a hard disk to hard disk copy--to create a bootable cloned disk of your old hard drive so that you can boot from it and work from it as if working on your original computer. Besides, copy hard disk to hard disk can prevent data lose from system crash, computer disaster, human’s unexpected deletion, etc.
What is the best hard disk copy software?
Speaking of hard disk to hard disk copy, here we highly recommend you a powerful hard disk copy software, AOMEI Backupper, which can help you copy hard disk to hard disk with a few simple steps, and can help you boot your machine from the cloned disk after cloning. Actually, AOMEI Backupper is more than a hard drive clone software, it is also a backup and restore software that can help you backup system for Windows, and you can restore computer to earlier date once you need; besides, restore system to dissimilar hardware is another important feature for Windows users. You can learn more features of AOMEI Backupper to keep your computer data safe.
How to make hard disk to hard disk copy with disk clone software?
AOMEI Backupper as the best disk clone software, has an intuitive interface that you can use it simply, even a non-technician can handle it alone with a few minutes. Here you can follow the detailed steps of how to make hard disk to hard disk copy with AOMEI Backupper Professional.
Before you do, there are some tips for you:
● You need to prepare a hard disk that is enough to store your data on the old hard disk, insert it to your computer and make sure it can be detected by your computer;
● Install AOMEI Backupper Professional on your computer. AOMEI Backupper provides you clone hard disk to hard disk free, but you need to download AOMEI Backupper Standard from there official website;
● AOMEI Backupper Professional and Standard edition only supports Windows PC users including Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP, if you are Windows Server users, AOMEI Backupper Server is suitable.
Step1. Launch AOMEI Backupper Professional, it will show you the easy-to-use interface. To make hard disk to hard disk copy, click Clone->Disk Clone.
Step2.Choose your old hard disk as the source disk.
Step3.Choose the disk you plug in before as the destination disk.
Step4.After selecting the source party and destination party, it will bring you to the Operation Summary page, confirm your operation, if there is no problem, click Start Cloneto submit the progress.
- AOMEI Backupper allows you to edit the partitions on the destination disk, you can edit partitions according to your requirements before clicking Start Clone;
- The “Sector by sector” clone would clone every byte on the old hard drive no matter it used or not, it needs the destination disk must as large as the source disk at least;
- If the destination disk is an solid state drive, it is highly recommend to check the box before “Align partition to optimize for SSD”, which would optimize its performance after cloning.
- You can learn how to clone hard drive to SSD here.