When you need to duplicate hard drive in Windows 10?
Computer users are storing data on the hard drive of their computer, and almost all computer users would like to duplicate their hard drive for different reasons. Here, we have already concluded when you need to duplicate hard drive in Windows 10/8/7.
- If you think that the solid-state drives’ price are reasonable and you would like to replace hard drive with SSD but putting off an upgrade because you still want to keep your system on, duplicate hard drive is helpful. You can duplicate your hard drive to the SSD, to keep your old data on.
- Once your hard drive’s volume is not enough, you may want to upgrade the present drive to a bigger one. Duplicate your small hard drive to the bigger one could save your old data on the new hard drive. You can save a lot of time and energy to reinstall OS and applications.
- Sometimes, if your hard drive is too old, the running speed will be effected. Thus, you need to change your old hard drive with a new HDD or SSD. If you would like to keep your old data, duplicate hard drive is important.
Duplicate hard drive in Windows 10/8/7 with AOMEI Backupper
AOMEI Backupper, the easiest backup service provider, allows you duplicate hard drive in Windows PC operating systems and Windows Server operating systems. The AOMEI Backupper Professional is special designed for Windows 10/8/7. If you are Windows Server users, the AOMEI Backupper Server is suitable for you. Here, you can learn how to duplicate hard drive in Windows 10.
To duplicate hard drive in Windows 10 with AOMEI Backupper Professional, here you need to prepare for it:
1. Preparing an external hard drive (an SSD or HDD or other removable devices) to store the data on source hard drive. The drive should be enough to store the data on the source hard drive.
2. Install AOMEI Backupper Professional on your Windows 10.
Then, you can start to duplicate hard drive in Windows 10. To duplicate hard drive, here you can use Disk Clone function of AOMEI Backupper.
Step1. Launch AOMEI Backupper Pro. It will show you the deep blue interface, click Clone->Disk Clone.
Step2.The Disk Clone feature will duplicate the whole hard drive. And the cloned hard drive can be used to launch your computer if it with the system boot file. Here you need to select the hard drive you want to duplicate as the source disk.
Step3.Then, select the hard drive you prepared before as the destination disk.
Step4.Confirm the information and click Start Clone to execute the task.
- AOMEI Backupper allows you to edit partitions on the destination disk. Click “Edit partition partitions on the destination disk” to set up.
- The “Sector by sector clone” will clone every byte on the source disk no matter it used or not. It requires the destination disk must as large enough as the source disk at least.
- If you are clone hard drive to an SSD, you can check the box before “Align partition to optimize for SSD”, which would optimize the SSD’s performance after cloning.
AOMEI Baclupper Professional should be the best hard drive cloning software. You can clone hard drive in Windows 10/8/7 flexible, the operations are so easy. With the duplicated hard drive, you data would be safe, and you can keep the old data if you need to change your hard drive. Besides, it is also a great backup and restore software that you can use to backup system, restore computer to earlier date, etc.