About Windows client backup
Windows client backup is a copy of your client computer, which allows you to restore your data or computer when needed. For Windows client backup, you can create System Backup, Disk Backup, Partition Backup or File Backup.
To protect your computer, you can create a system backup. To protect your data, you can create a disk backup, partition backup or file backup.
Why create Windows client backup?
You can benefit from Windows client backup under the following aspects:
1. Raise the efficiency of creating backup tasks.
In general, if you just have several computers, you can create a backup on the computer one by one. But what if you have a lot of computes?
You will spend much time to create backup separately on the computer. It’s annoying. To raise the efficiency of creating backups, you need a client backup software. With it, you can create a backup for multiple computers simultaneously.
2. Cut down backup administration costs and avoid errors in operation.
To create backup for multiple computers in a short time is complicated, especially in the enterprise. If the employees are familiar with the backup software, they can create a backup by themselves. But what if some of the employees are not familiar with backup software?
You need to teach people how to use backup software first. And there is a risk of data loss owing to errors in operation. To cut down backup administration costs and avoid errors in operation, you need a client backup software. With it, you just need to specify one people which are familiar with the backup software. He can finish all the operations separately.
Client backup software
AOMEI Centralized Backupper is specialized client backup software, which allows you to create a backup for multiple client computers on one central management console over the network. With it, you can create System Backup, Disk Backup, Partition and Volume Backup or File Backup.
The image files generated by AOMEI Centralized Backupper are completely compatible with a standalone version of AOMEI Backupper. Thus, you can restore your backup with the standalone version of AOMEI Backupper when needed.
To create Windows client backup, you only need to install AOMEI Centralized Backupper on the central management computer and the standalone version of AOMEI Backupper on the client computers. Then, follow the detailed steps to create a backup for your client computers. Just a few clicks, you can finish the backup tasks.
How to create Windows client backup?
1. Launch AOMEI Centralized Backupper.
2. Click Computers > Uncontrolled Computers. Then, select computers you want to backup and click Request Control.
Note: If you cannot see the client computer you want to backup under Uncontrolled Computer tab, you can click Install client program to install the standalone version of AOMEI Backupper for your new computer. During the process, you are required to input username and password. After that, you can select the new computer and send the request to it.
3. Click Tasks and select a task under New Task. Here, you can choose System Backup, Disk Backup, Partition Backup or File Backup.
4. Specify a name for your backup.
5. Click Add Computer> Controlled Computer in Step 1. Then, select all the computers you want to backup and click OK.
6. Click Step 2 and then Add Storage. Input Share or NAS path and Display Name in the next window and click OK. At last, select the destination folder over the network to finish this step.
7. Click Setting or Schedule and selete whatever you need. At last, click Start Backup and choose Only create a task or Create and execute tasks.
How to recover your Window client backup?
With AOMEI Centralized Backupper, you can create a backup for multiple computers on one central management console. Once something unexpected happens, you can recover your backup on the client computer.
To recover your backup, you can launch AOMEI Backupper on the client computer, click Restore, and then select the backup image you want to restore and restore it under the Restart mode. However, your backup is saved to NAS. To access NAS, you must input its IP address, username and password. If not, you cannot connect NAS to your computer. Also, you cannot use the backup image on the NAS path.
To recover your computer via the backup image on NAS, you need to create bootable USB flash drive first. Then, you need to boot your computer from bootable USB flash drive, connect your NAS under Windows PE enviroment and select the backup image to restore your computer.
Create bootable USB flash drive
1. Launch the standalone version of AOMEI Backupper.
2.Click Utilities and Create Bootable Media.
3.Choose Bootable Disc Type
4.Choose BIOS or UEFI boot mode
5. Select USB Boot Device, then click Next and wait for the final result.
Restore your system image backup under Windows PE environment
1. Plug your USB hard drive, boot your computer and enter the Windows PE environment.
2. Click Restore.
3.Click Path > Share or NAS > Add share or NAS device, type IP address, username and password. At last, click OK to ensure you want to add NAS.
4.Select your backup. Then, click OK to ensure you want to do a system restore when you receive a prompt message.
5. Select the backup point, then click Next.
6. Select the destination path and click Next. Then, Click Yes to confirm the pending operation when you receive a prompt message that tells you the C drive will be overwritten or deleted.
7. Preview the source partition and destination path, then click Start Restore.
Windows client backup and recovery can help you protect your computer. With AOMEI Centralized Backupper, you can create backup for multiple computers simultaneously. With the standalone version of AOMEI Backupper, you can recover your backup on the client computer when needed.
The standalone version of AOMEI Backupper is really useful. It can help you recover your backup, including System Backup, Disk Backup, Partition Backup. At the same time, it offers you File Backup, File Sync, which can help you to protect your files.
Install AOMEI Centralized Backupper and the standalone version of AOMEI Backupper and enjoy your brand new journey.