Why do you need server backup strategy?
Windows Servers are popular workstations for users who provide needed network services for others. They can be used to store backups from other computers on the network. They, in turn, can be backed up to attached drives or the cloud. With an effective server backup strategy, you can:
Centrally manage and backup all the clients to network share or NAS.
Remotely monitor backup tasks for all your clients with the central control server.
Cut down backup administration costs and save much time.
Then, what's the best centralized backup solution you can resort to? There are two things I'd like to highlight:
Schedule the centralized backup so that it can run automatically and the backup version is always up-to-date.
Make more than one backups or backup to more than one location. Thus, if one backup is damaged, you have others at hand.
To carry out the server backup strategy/solution, you need specialized server backup software to assist you.
The best server backup software
AOMEI Centralized Backupper provides all-around Windows Server backup solutions that you need. It can be installed on computers running both Windows PC operating systems (Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP) and Windows Server operating systems (Windows Server 2016/2012/2008/2003, etc).
Through the connection between AOMEI Centralized Backupper installed on the central management computer and AOMEI Backupper installed on client computers, you can create System/Disk/Partition/File Backup tasks on the centralized computer for all the clients within the same LAN.
There are various backup settings available: comments, encryption, compression, splitting, etc. You are also allowed to schedule the backup tasks to run once/daily/weekly/monthly. With AOMEI Centralized Backupper Server, you are able to manage the maximum number of 20 Windows PCs and 5 Windows Servers. Learn how to backup servers detailedly in the next part.
How to implement server backup strategy step by step?
Before you create backup tasks for Windows Servers, you should:
1. Install AOMEI Centralized Backupper on one of the computers within LAN as the central management computer.
2. Launch AOMEI Centralized Backupper and go Computers > Uncontrolled Computers > Install client program. You’ll see two options as follows:
>> Manual Client Installation: click “Next” and you’ll get the client program setup file. Copy the setup file to client computers, run it as administrator and follow the wizard to install it one by one.
>> Remote Client Installation: click “Next” and you’ll have all available computers within LAN. Choose the server computers that you’d like to backup, input username and password of each computer and click “Install All”.
3. (Optional) If you have installed client program manually, client computers will be listed under Computers > Uncontrolled Computers. Tick the server computers to be backed up and click Request Control in the bottom right corner to obtain control permissions.
There are two methods provided:
>> By entering accounts: you should enter username and password of client computers and click “Request All”.
>> By sending a message: the program will send a message to client computers. Click “Agree” on client computers to authorize access.
Note: If you have installed client program remotely, client computers will be listed under Computers > Controlled Computers. There’s no need for you to request control in this situation.
After all the preparations, you can backup several Windows Servers simultaneously in following steps:
1. Go to Tasks tab, click New Task and select System Backup.
2. In the pop-up window, click “Add Computers” in “Step 1” column. You can add the controlled Windows Server computers to be backed up. The system partition(s) will be added to the backup automatically, so you don’t need to select them manually.
3. Click “Step2” column and then “Add Storage”. Type the network share or NAS path to add the destination location to store the backup file.
4. Confirm the operation and click “Start Backup”. You can choose “Only create a task” or “Create and execute tasks” here.
AOMEI Centralized Backupper Server offers you the best server backup strategy for Windows Servers. You can also implement small business backup strategy with it. After you have created several backup tasks, you are allowed to manage backup tasks, such as enable incremental/differential backup, add additional computers to the backup task, etc. Get this tool right now and discover more!