Enterprise data backup is crucial
Many common causes can lead to data loss, such as hardware failure, accidental error, theft, virus ransomware affection, or disasters like fire, dropped coffee mugs. Data loss is a headache for every single person. Since those causes are unexpected, the best way to prevent data loss is to backup your data.
Data loss to an enterprise can be catastrophic. Today, many companies are relying on their IT system to run business more than ever. If these data get corrupted and lost, it might break their business. Therefore, most of the businesses have chosen one or two enterprise backup solutions.
Enterprise data backup software
Form small to large business, all have many computers to backup. With the help of enterprise data backup software, you can backup all the computers in the organization to a shared network location instead of one by one.
Enterprise backup software helps you move data to another storage location and protect, compress, encrypt (if need) the data as an image file. In the past, people usually use tape drive as a backup drive. Nowadays, tap drives are not large enough for backup purpose. A dedicated hard drive, network attached storage (NAS), and cloud drive is largely used for storing backups.
Choosing the best backup software for your company is very important. With the enterprise file backup software, one IT administrator can do backups on all the computers with one company, which really saves time and effort. There is prime backup software that can apply to your entire enterprise for data and system backup.
Centralized backup management tool for your business backup
AOMEI Centralized Backupper is specialized centralized backup management software that allows you to create backup tasks for all workstations, servers and virtual machines within LAN from a single central management computer.
You can use one computer or server as the central server to create and monitor all client computer backups within network. Once, you have AOMEI Centralized Backupper installed on your central server, the program can detect all computers and servers on the same network and install the client backup software on the client computers remotely.
While installing backup software on the client computers, the center server gains control of the client desktop or laptop within network. You can add client computers to different groups in order to use different backup schemes.
AOMEI Centralized Backupper provides four types of backup: system backup, partition backup, disk backup and file backup. No matter you want to backup enterprise data or protect system, AOMEI Centralized Backupper is a good choice.
How to backup all computers within an organization?
As mentioned, you can manage all computer backups in your company with AOMEI Centralized Backupper. The whole process is really simple. You do not even need to install the client computer backup software manually on each computer.
You can refer to the following steps to backup all computer data in your company:
1. Install AOMEI Centralized Backupper on one of the computers within LAN as the “Central Management Computer”.
2. Launch AOMEI Centralized Backupper and go Computer > Uncontrolled Computers > Install client program. You’ll see two options as follows:
Manual Client Installation: click “Next” and you’ll get the client program setup file. Copy the setup file to client computers, run it as administrator and follow the wizard to install it one by one.
Remote Client Installation: click “Next” and you’ll have all available computers within LAN. Choose the server computers that you’d like to backup, input username and password of each computer and click “Install All”.
3. (Optional) If you have installed client program manually, client computers will be listed under Computer > Uncontrolled Computers. Tick the server computers to be backed up and click Request Control in the bottom right corner to obtain control permissions.
4. Click Tasks tab and select a backup type that you want to take under New Task. Here, let’s take System Backup as an example. If you want to backup all data on the computer, you can select Disk Backup.
5. In the next screen, click Add Computer to select the controlled computers that you want to backup. You can divide your controlled computers into many groups if you have different backup schemes for different computers.
6. Click Step2 to set up a network location to receive all the backup files.
7. If you need to run this backup task automatically, you can click Schedule to configure an auto backup.
8. You can also change other backup options like email notification, compression level in Settings. After that, click Start Backup to run this backup or add this scheduled task.
As you can see, in a very short time you can set up a scheduled enterprise data backup. To save more disk space on your backup drive, scheduled backup will run incremental backups by default. You can also change to full backup or differential backup as you like.
Whenever there is something wrong with your client computer, you can restore system from the system image stored on the network location. If the computer hardware fails, you can restore the backup to dissimilar hardware without the need to reinstall Windows and transfer data.