“Hello, all, I need your expertise in choosing a centralized backup solution for my office workstations and laptops. Due to employee turnover lot of staffs try to manipulate and changing the files before they leaving job. So I am planning to put a good backup solution for Desktops and Laptops. Planning to keep backup in a NAS storage. I appreciate your kind suggestions and help in this matter. Thank you!”
This is a question we found in a forum. And we are pretty sure there are a lot of users who try to find an easy way to backup multiple computers. Fortunately, you can learn the best centralized backup solution from this article.
Centralized backup should be the best choice for enterprises
If you are trying to backup for workstations and laptops, or multiple computers, centralized backup should be the best choice.
Centralized backup is a process that involves automatically replicating data from remote site and sending it over a network to a centralized location for storage. Like the scenario, if you want to backup all computers in your office, a centralized backup should be a wise choice. With the centralized backup, you will get many benefits:
1. You can create and manage backup tasks for all desktops, laptops within LAN from a single central management computer via centralized backup.
2. With a centralized backup solution, you do not need to teach all users how to back up data. An experienced administrator can backup all computers. This will significantly reduce a risk of human error from unskilled users.
3. The centralized backup solution can help you reduce the cost and problems of hardware maintenance, and provides greater protection for information backed up.
4. Centralized backup can also help you reduce the backup cost and save time.
The best centralized backup solution: AOMEI Centralized Backupper
Find a centralized backup solution is very important. Thus, good centralized backup software is necessary. Compared with various centralized backup software, here we highly recommend AOMEI Centralized Backupper, the best centralized backup solution that provides you with many features:
Centrally backup multiple computers of Windows Server and PC workstations.
Create and manage backup tasks for all computers in the network from one central management console.
Create and manage backup tasks for all desktop PCs, laptops and virtual machines within LAN from a single central management computer.
Support to set up a schedule centralized backup so that you can run full, incremental and differential backups, and perform an automatic backup daily, weekly, or monthly.
Support to group client computers via IP segment for making backup management easy.
Support to add comments, encrypt backup images with passwords, choose backup compression level, split backup images, etc.
A friendly user interface that anyone can operate easily and quickly.
How to use AOMEI Centralized Backupper to make a centralized backup?
With so many great features, the AOMEI Centralized Backupper should be the best centralized backup solution. Well, how to use it to make a centralized backup for enterprises or workstations? You can learn the detailed steps below.
Before making centralized backup, you need prepare for it:
1. Install AOMEI Centralized Backupper on one of the computers within LAN as the “Central Management Computer”.
2. Install client programs on all client computers that you want to backup.
3. You can work on the client management computer. AOMEI Centralized Backupper will list all client computers under “Computers” -> “Uncontrolled Computers”. You can remotely get the control permission by sending authorization request or entering usernames and passwords.
>By entering accounts: it allows you to enter client computers’ login credential (administrator account is required).
>By sending a message: it will send a message to your client computers to obtain the permissions.
*When the client computer shows up with a window to Agree or Reject. Click Agree.
As so far, you can create backup tasks as the following steps.
Step 1. Go to Tasks tab, click New Task, and select System Backup, Disk Backup, Partition Backup or File Backup according to your needs. Here we take an example of Disk Backup.
Step 2. Then, you can do as the hints in the screenshot.
1>. Add the clients computers you want to back up by clicking “Add Computers” in “Step1”.
2>. Select the source data you need to backup in “Step2”, click it and choose backup rules as you want, and add disks you want to backup in the pop up window.
3>. Select the destination location to save the backup in “Step3”. Click "Add Storage" button to add storage path in the pop up window.
Step 3. After all settings, you can click Start Backup to execute the operations.
If you want to add comments, encrypt backup images with passwords, choose backup compression level, split backup images, and so on, click Settings to set up before clicking Start Backup.
If you want to set up schedule centralized backup, here you need to click Schedule before clicking Start Backup to set up a full, incremental or differential backup, and perform a daily, weekly, monthly backup.
That should be the best centralized backup solution for enterprises and small business. Hope this article can solve your problem.