About Western Digital
Western Digital (WD) is one of the largest hard drive manufacturers around the world, and their internal and external disks are widely used on many popular name brands of computers such as HP, Acer and so on, both laptop and PC. Thus, hot words, for example, Western Digital clone, are often searching for different kinds of users.
How to Clone WD Disk?
Clone disk means copy everything on the disk including the operating system, configuration settings, applications, personal data to another hard drive you were chosen. You may need to clone hard drive when you want to upgrade the old disk to a new one, replace the small hard drive with a larger one, transfer the drive to a smaller one, or make a duplication of your hard drive for the emergent environment. No matter what the motivation is, that’s matter less. What matters most is to choose a comprehensive free WD disk cloning software to achieve the goal to get peace in mind.
Fortunately, you can try all-in-one freeware AOMEI Backupper Standard. Firstly, it provides powerful features for you. You can not only clone disk but also clone system/partition/volume. Secondly, you can do encryption to the backup images and three levels of image compression are in your choice. Thirdly, this program supports all popular operating systems, such as Windows 7/8/8.1/10/XP/Vista. Feel free to download AOMEI Backupper Standard to your PC.
WD disk clone with AOMEI Backupper
Notes: The hard drive used as destination location should be connected to your PC in advance. The destination hard drive will be overwritten, backup important files if necessary.
Step1. Install and launch it. Select Disk Clone in the Clone tab.
Step2. Select the Source Disk.
Step3. Select the Destination Disk.
Step4. Confirm the Operation Summary, and then click Start Clone.
- This program clones existing data which is used space only on the disk in by default. If you want to clone deleted data, you might want to check Sector by sector clone. This option offers every sector cloning, whether it is used or not.
- It is recommended for check Align partition to optimize for SSD if the destination disk is solid state drive. This function could improve the speed of reading and writing as well service time of SSD.
- If you hit Edit partitions on the destination disk, there are three options available:
- Copy without re-sizing partitions: Do not do any changes.
- Fit partition to entire disk: The destination disk partitions will be automatically re-sized to the entire disk, appropriate for the disk size.
- Edit partitions on this disk: Manually adjust the partition size and location by dragging a slider bar. This needs you to upgrade AOMEI Backupper to Professional edition.
The freeware AOMEI Backupper Standard, WD disk cloning software, allows you to clone the entire hard drive in only four steps. Apart from disk clone, you also can do other operations with those useful utilities. For instance, Create Bootable Rescue Media for disaster recovery, Windows 7/8/10/XP/Vista backup system, or Windows 10 backup boot disk. Meantime, do Automatic/Schedule Backup, Incremental & Differential Backup, Dissimilar hardware restore, File Sync etc.