TeraByte Image for Windows
Image for Windows is a disk backup software for Windows operating system developed by TeraByte Unlimited, which allows you to backup hard drive, programs, operating system to external hard drive, network devices, USB flash drive, CD, DVD, etc. It’s compatible with workstation and server versions of Windows, as well as Windows NT4, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10. You can use it to do these things:
- Backup and restores: TeraByte Image for Windows runs under the Windows environment, but it can also backup or restore any partitions, including those of Linux or DOS. In addition, you can restore partitions, individual files or folders.
- Create bootable media: If you want to restore an image file you have to create a bootable media.
- Dissimilar hardware restore: The program allows you to restore the image file to a completely different hardware.
- Schedule backup: you can schedule backup for Windows OS, data, programs according to your demands.
- Backup encryption: The backup can be protected with a simple password or full 256-bit AES encryption.
- Command Line: It allows you to automate backup or restore partitions, data, and programs with the powerful command line feature.
Although the Image for Windows software has so many useful functions, it still has some restrictions that you can’t create a differential backup, as well as clone disk, partition, and system. In addition, you can’t do file sync for your valuable data and merge image files when necessary. Thus, you might look for best alternative to Image for Windows.
Best Alternative to TeraByte Image for Windows
Fortunately, there exists TeraByte Image for Windows alternative - AOMEI Backupper Professional on the commercial market. AOMEI Backupper is an easy-to-use backup software, which allows you to backup, restore, or clone disk, partition, and operating system, along with file sync, create bootable media, command line, dissimilar hardware restore and more features. It’s compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10. If you’re a server user, you can try AOMEI Backupper server, which has the same functions as AOMEI Backupper Professional.
If you’re looking for TeraByte Image for Windows alternative, AOMEI Backupper is the best one. You can reference the below reasons.
- Intuitive Interface: AOMEI Backupper has more friendly and clear interface than Image for Windows.
- Backup operations: You can backup disk, system, partition, and file. You can specialize the configuration for backups such as encryption, compression, splitting, intelligent sector, and VSS.
- Restore Operations: AOMEI Backupper allows you to restore image file to where they were, or restore to a different hardware computer.
- Clone Operations: You can clone disk, system, partition as you want.
- Backups management: You could manage your backups any time, including full backup, incremental and differential backup, edit backup, explore image, check image, locate image and so on.
- Other utilities: create bootable meida, merge images, AOMEI PXE boot tool, view logs included.
After a backup finished, you can check the backup’s integrity. AOMEI Backupper as TeraByte Image for Windows alternative is more reliable and flexible to use. All in all, you could choose the suitable software depends on your needs.