Why need an OCZ data migration software?
Compared with hard drives, SSDs run faster, quieter, and cooler. In addition, SSDs are more durable and more reliable which should be the best solution when to upgrade disk. OCZ is a brand of Toshiba and provides the OCZ Storage Solutions for its SSD, born for game players and enthusiasts with the high performance.
Once you ready to change HDD with an OCZ SSD, you need an OCZ data migration software to help you transfer all data from hard drive to OCZ SSD for keeping information, or to transfer OS while avoiding re-installing Windows is the only purpose. OS migration only is also helpful when OCZ SSD is not big enough to hold all data of HDD or you want to make the OCZ SSD a boot disk and HDD a storage disk.
How to migrate data to OCZ SSDs?
For OCZ data migration, we recommend you free AOMEI Backupper. It supports to migrate data from hard drive to OCZ SSD in two different ways including backup and clone. Next, we’ll show you how to achieve job with the OCZ SSD data migration software, please download it first.
Clone HDD to OCZ SSD
1. Select “Disk Clone” under “Clone” tab.
2. Choose HDD as source disk.
3. Choose OCZ SSD as destination disk.
4. You can select to edit partition on destination disk or do sector by sector cloneas you wish, whereas aligning partition to optimize SSD is recommended to get best SSD performance. Then click “Start Clone”.
1. System migration should be done through “System Clone” after upgrading to AOMEI Backupper Professional.
2. When you clone HDD to OCZ SSD, you’d better plug SSD into your PC. If your computer has only one drive and must to connect SSD via USB cable, backing up HDD to OCZ SSD is recommended, or you may fail to boot SSD after cloning which is a common problem with all data migration software.
Backup HDD to OCZ SSD
If you have only one drive bay in computer, you can use AOMEI Backupper to backup HDD to SSD via USB cable. Without USB cable, you can backup HDD first, then pull out HDD, plug in SSD, and restore HDD image backup to SSD. This guarantees the success of booting from SSD.
1. Select “Disk Backup” under “Backup” tab.
2. Name the backup task, select the disk you need to backup in “Step 1” and select the destination path in “Step 2”. (“Backup Options” is optional. “Schedule” can be set to do PC auto backup task.) Then click “Start Backup”.
3. Click “Finish” when operation is completed, and you will be brought to the “Home” interface. Then click “Restore” under the disk image.
Now, you know exactly how to use the OCZ data migration software - AOMEI Backupper to clone or backup and both methods are easy for you. In addition, AOMEI Backupper has other special utilities as make bootable media etc. , so to fully satisfy you.