In order to save time , energy and money for installing OS on multiple computers simultaneously, create system backup image is highly recommended and a must access. Besides, deploying system image files to multiple computers in a same LAN is the best way to install system on a batch of computers quickly and simultaneously. To do so, AOMEI’s professional tool can be helpful. Next, we will show you how to install operating system on multiple computers at the same time with AOMEI’s professional system backup software and system deployment tool.
Step 1. Preparations for installing OS on multiple computers simultaneously
Before you install or deploy Windows OS on multiple computers, there are few things that should be done firstly. Following are some detail tips for you to prepare:
1. Select a fully functioned machine with Windows system as the server computer, and make sure the server computer and all the computers needed to be deployed (also known as client computer) are on the same LAN.
2. Confirm the network card of client computer supports network boot (PXE boot).
3. Start all the client computer and enter into BIOS to set the network boot as the first boot device.
4. Confirm the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows PE) in the server computer system is complete. If it is incomplete or the system is older than Windows 7, please download Windows AIK/ADK. If you wouldn't like to download it, please choose a machine running Windows 7 or higher system as server computer.
5. Create a full system image with AOMEI Backupper Standard and put the image on a NAS or network share folder which is on the same network segment of the same LAN as the server computer.
Step 2. Create system image for installing OS on multiple computers simultaneously
In order to install operating system on multiple computers, a system image backup should be created. Here you may try AOMEI Backupper Standard which allows freeing backup system image or other data for free with simple clicks.
1. Download, install and launch AOMEI Backupper Standard. Select “System Backup” under “Backup” tab.
2. Choose the data you need to backup and the destination where you want to store system image. Click “Start Backup”.
Note : remember to put the system image on a NAS or network share folder which is on the same network segment of the same LAN as the server computer.
Step 3. Install OS on multiple computers simultaneously
Now, you can use AOMEI’s professional deployment tool - AOMEI Image Deploy to finish the last step, which allows users of any skill level to deploy image to multiple computers with identical or dissimilar hardware. Besides, it supports all Windows editions including Windows 10/8.1/8/7/ Vista/XP and Windows Server 2003/2008(R2)/2011/2012(R2)/2016. Free download it and follow below steps to install OS on multiple computers simultaneously.
1. Launch AOMEI Image Deploy. To boot up the client computers, there are two ways to create bootable WinPE ISO file.
Tips:To deploy image over network, there must be a DHCP server in your LAN. If no, please tick the checkbox before "Enable DHCP".
2. Once AOMEI Image Deploy shows "The service has started, waiting for connect...", start all the client computers and wait for all the client computers to boot up successfully. Then tick the checkbox before “I confirm all the client...” and click “Next”.
3. You need to specify the image you want to deploy and configure how to deploy it to the client computers. Here, takes Windows 10 system (OS) image deployment and 10 computers for deployment every time for example. If you confirm, click "Start Deploy" to deploy image to computers.
4. Here you can view the image deployment progress of each client computer.
Tip: You can choose whether to shut down or restart the client computers after the deployment is completed.
Do remember that you need to make sure that you haven't forgotten an important setting or an important piece of software, since any mistake you make will be cloned to all the client machines. Anyway, if you want to install OS on multiple computers simultaneously, AOMEI Image Deploy is your best choice which can save you a lot of time, money and effort.