With the development of Internet, you can get in touch with anyone with its convenience and flexibility. On the other hand, your computer may be in danger due to viruses and malware when connected to the Internet. Thus, your computer could suffer from a variety of problems like system failure, unbootable issues, etc. On this condition, do a system recovery could be your wisdom choice.
Yesterday, my friend Tony turned to me for help that his HP computer need to run system recovery, he tried but failed, the HP Recovery Manager didn’t show up on start-up. Today, we’ll give you different solutions to resolve HP system recovery problem.
HP Recovery Manager
First of all, you should have a good understanding of HP Recovery Manager. HP Recovery Manager is a pre-installed recovery program for Windows users developed by HP, which allows you reinstall some of the hardware drivers and software comes with your HP computer, backup your data and protect from data loss and restore your PC to factory condition.
How to Do A System Recovery with HP Recovery Manager?
You may ask how to access HP recovery manager to do a system recovery from the startup in Windows 7/8/10? Before you recovery, please backup your essential data to external hard drive and take care of it. There are several ways to access HP Recovery Manager:
Way 1: Recovery from the Windows Start Menu
- Turn off your computer, disconnect all connected devices and cables except for monitor, keyboard, mouse and power supply.
- Turn on your computer, click “Start”>”All Program”>”Recovery Manager”, and click “Recovery Manager” again.
- Select “System Recovery” under “I need help immediately” on HP Recovery Manager window.
- Then follow the instructions to do your system recovery.
Way 2: Recovery from the Startup Screen
This way is basically the same as the above solution apart from the second step. At this moment, the second step should be like this.
- Turn on your computer and press F11 constantly, until the HP Recovery Manager appears.
Follow the two ways, you can realize HP system recovery in Windows 7/8/10. However, you may encounter HP Recovery Manager “System Recovery” disabled or HP system recovery F11 not working problem. How to solve?
HP Recovery Manager Alternative-AOMEI Backupper
Besides, there are many backup and recovery software available in the market aside HP Recovery Manager, AOMEI Backupper Professional as the outstanding HP system recovery tool, permits you to backup and recovery your system to early state or factory settings, and has the ability to fix HP system recovery greyed out and F11 not working issues.
This software can also backup your important data to local disk, external hard drive, USB flash drive, NAS device, cloud drive, network share, etc. In addition, you can use command line to backup, and restore with ease. And most important thing is you can clone HP system or partition to another hard drive. Now, you can download it to have a try.
You have to backup system first if you want to do HP system recovery. Here is how to backup:
1. Install and run AOMEI Backupper Pro, on the home interface, choose “Backup”>”System Backup”.
2. Choose a destination to save the system image file, then press “Start Backup”.
Tips: The program will select partitions asociated with system files automatically.
Here is how to restore HP system:
1. On the main window, find the system backup at the “Home” tab, click “Restore”. Click Yes when a notification occurred if you want to continue.
2. Select a backup point, and hit “Next”.
3. Press “Start Restore” if you have confirmed the operation.
Wait for a moment, you will find HP system recovery has been completed with a success. Furthermore, AOMEI Backupper allows you to restore to factory reset in HP laptop with disk backup and restore in Windows 7/8/10/XP/Vista; restore to another computer with dissimilar hardware restore; create incremental and differential backup, even create schedule backup and bootable media.