Why do we need HP recovery media?
Recovery media include recovery CDs, DVDs or USB drives. HP recovery media are used to start your computer in case of a problem. They also contain Windows system recovery tools that enable you to recover Windows from a serious error or restore your computer from a system image. Now you see the importance of HP recovery media. Then, how to create HP recovery media on USB/CD/DVD?
Best ways of HP recovery media creation in Windows 10
There are three useful methods of HP recovery media creation in Windows 10 that I’d like to recommend to you. I’ll take creating HP recovery media on USB as example. Learn detailed steps below:
Method 1: Create HP recovery media in HP Recovery Manager
1. Connect a USB drive to your computer. Search for and open HP Recovery Manager.
2. In Recovery Manager, click Create recovery media.
3. Click “I Accept” to the notification that only one set of recovery media can be made and then click “Continue”.
4. Select “USB Flash Drive” as recovery media and click “Continue”. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the creation process.
HP recovery software allows you to make only one recovery backup. If you have created a set of recovery discs before, you can not create a system image on a USB drive any more.
The USB flash drive should be large enough to store the data but no greater than 32GB; it shouldn’t be branded as Windows 8 compatible.
Method 2: Create HP recovery media with Windows tool
Windows 10 recovery drive can be created by built-in tools easily as well.
1. Connect a USB drive to your computer. Type “recovery drive” in the search box and select “Create a recovery drive” from the listed results.
2. In the pop-out window, check the option “Back up system files to the recovery drive” and hit “Next”.
3. Select the USB flash drive you have prepared, and click “Next” to continue.
Tips: Copying HP recovery partition uses more than 16 GB of space, so you need to prepare a large capacity USB drive.
4. On the next screen, click “Create” to begin creating the recovery drive.
Method 3: Create HP recovery media via a handy freeware
Some people are frustrated by the limitation of HP Recovery Manager that only one set of recovery media can be made. What’s more, some users find they are unable to create recovery drive in Windows 10 sometimes. Is there a superior solution to HP recovery media creation in Windows 10?
AOMEI Backupper Standard is the answer. It is easy-to-use and totally free! It allows you to create bootable media to start your computer when it can’t boot normally. Also it enables you to make multiple backups including system backup, disk backup, file backup, etc. When your computer fails to boot because of a serious error, you can boot from the bootable media and restore your computer from the backup you’ve made by AOMEI Backupper. Follow the guidance below to create HP recovery media on USB:
Step 2. Click “Backup” on the left pane and select “System Backup” to backup system on the bootable USB.
Step 3. The required system partition(s) is (are) selected by default. Choose the USB drive as destination path to store the backup files.
Step 4. Confirm the operation and click “Start Backup”.
Now you have learned three efficient methods for HP recovery media creation in Windows 10. You can create HP recovery disk in Windows 8 with these methods as well. In addition to creating HP recovery media on USB, AOMEI Backupper can also help you backup PS4 to external hard drive and fix clone to new computer Windows 7 won’t boot error. Don’t hesitate to get this tool!