What files should you backup files on your PC?
Nowadays, people all have their own computers to play or work, not except you. With the use of your personal computer, no matter desktop or laptop, it stored many files on its hard drive, application settings, desktop email, picture and videos, music, documents, etc. If you think it is important, back it up without hesitating. Otherwise, you may get hurt once it lost. For example, if you spend a lot of money to download music, you would not like the music lost because of many unexpected situations. Yes, there are many situations that your files may get lost. System fails, computer crash, hard drive broken, unexpected operations, even nature disasters can make your important files damaged. Imaging that you will send an important document to your boss, but your system has a problem suddenly so that you lost the document. If you had backed it up, you can send it with the file backup image. well, how to backup files on PC?
Where should you backup files in PC?
To figure out how to backup files in PC, you may think about where should you store the file backup image on. Actually, there are many different place you can store them on.
● Other local partitions. Considering that the system partition, usually the C: drive is easy to crash, you can backup the files on C: drive to another local partition. Thus, even when the system crash, you can recover system with system backup image. The files you backed up will still exist on the partition you stored.
● Other local disks. You may have two or more hard drive on your PC, thus, you can store the backup images to other local disks. Thus, even the original hard drive broken, the data will be safe on another disk.
● External hard drive. Backup PC files to an external hard drive is a good choice to separate from the computer, like a USB flash drive, CD/DVD, etc. External hard drive is portable that you can bring it everywhere and you can avoid the serious problem computer crash. Even the computer crash, or some else serious problem, you can still have your files with this hard drive.
● Network attach storage(NAS). Backup PC files to NAS is a wise idea especially for business. You all members can share the files on the same LAN.
You can select wherever you like to store the backup images. But, how to backup files on PC?
Backup files on PC with AOMEI Backupper
AOMEI Backupper is a good freeware for you to backup all files in PC and laptop. You can use it free for Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10, both 32 bit and 64 bit. It is very powerful, and with this powerful software, you can backup files in PC and laptop with few simple steps. Well, how to backup PC files with AOMEI Backupper?
Tips for how to backup files on PC:
● If you want to backup files to external hard drive, you should prepare an external hard drive and connect it to your personal computer in advance.
● Download AOMEI Backupper Standard for free.
Step1. Install and launch AOMEI Backupper, click Backup-> File Backup.
Step2. Here you need select the files you need backup and select the destination place to store the backup images. Click Add File at the “Step1”, select the files you want to backup on your PC. Or you can click Add Folder to set an automatically backup files with a certain file extension. Then, click “Step2” to select the destination place to store them on. You can select one place according to your requirements. Here we back them up to the local D: partition. Then, you can click Start Backup to launch the progress.
Before starting backup, you can set more for the backup with two options under this page.
Backup Options:here you can set more for your backup. Like adding a comment so that you can distinguish them easily.
Schedule: this function can help you set an automatic file backup for daily, weekly, monthly, and it can help do an incremental/differential backup.
Step3.When the progress done, click Finish to exit.
This is a fast and safe way to solve the problem how to backup files in PC. In fact, AOMEI Backupper provides your more. You can create a bootable media with it so that when you computer cannot boot, you can boot the computer from the bootable media. It can solve almost all the backup and restore problem of Windows.