Why automatically backup files to an external hard drive?
Backup files to an external hard drive can stop you from losing the important data. The following are the reasons why you need back up files:
Firstly, you must worry about the security of your data.The data include the file about your personal life, working files and other data important. Back up files to an external hard drive can help you save the files safely.
Secondly, in order to use the files everywhere, such as USB port, portable hard drive and so on. By backing up files to the external hard drive, you can attach your data whenever you want.
Thirdly, with the daily use of your computer, you may have some incremental files to back up. But it boring you when the work is too often. So auto backup files to external hard drive in Windows can save your time and effort.
How to automatically backup files to an external hard drive?
AOMEI Backupper enables you backing up files to an external hard drive automatically, which can help you back up the files to the designated position and set the frequency of automatically backup. With the help of file/folders backup service in AOMEI Backupper, you just need to specify the files you need back up and the destination external hard drive. Besides, you may use the schedule backup function of the software to set up the frequency of back up.There are three modes to choose: Daily mode, Weekly mode, Monthly mode and Event Triggers mode. You can choose the backup schedule for yourself.
Now, we can learn the detailed steps on automatic backup to external hard drive. Foremost, download the software, install and launch it.
1. Select the File Backup under the Backup tab.
2. Click Add File or Add Folder to select the files you want to backup. Then click the box behind “Step2” to select external drive as the destination location. Next, click Schedule to set auto backup task.
3. Generally speaking, we auto backup files or folders based on time schedule, but event-trigger backup is also available. For more information on Event-trigger, please refer to backup Windows 7 at shutdown.
4. Confirms the setting of files and the destination path, and then click the Start Backup. It pops up "Add the schedule and start backup now"or "Only add the schedule", choose the way you want.
5. Click Finish when all the operations done.
- Do not extract the external device before the backup done.
- With File Backup, you can also auto backup folders to external drive.
- AOMEI Backupper also supports incremental and differential backup. You can go to Schedule > Advanced to configure.
After all these operations, no one would ask how to automatically backup files to an external hard drive again. As you can see from the screenshot, this backup software can auto backup Windows files to NAS or network share to save physical disk space.