F11 System Recovery Knowledge
For some brand computers, the manufacturer of these computers designs a special key or key combination to do their system recovery. As for Dell, HP or Lenovo computers (PCs, notebooks, desktops), the F11 key is the pivotal key to recover system to computer default settings when your computer corrupted due to hardware or software failure.
HP computer provides a built-in tool named HP Backup and Recovery Manager to recover your system to the original factory-shipped state, the recovery partition is needed. If your HP computer has some issues that you want to restore it to factory settings, turn on HP computer and immediately press the Esc key to display the Startup Menu, and then press F11 to access the HP system recovery.
Generally, Dell computers have a recovery partition that you can access to recover and restore your computer to factory settings. How to access Dell recovery partition? Boot your Dell computer, press Ctrl+F11 when the Dell logo appears, then follow the instructions to restore.
F11 System Recovery Not Working Problem
Nevertheless, F11 system recovery not working problem may disturb you. Why it happens? If the recovery partition in HP/Dell computer is deleted or overwritten somehow, you can’t access the recovery partition with F11 key. That is means, the F11 system recovery not working problem occurs. On the other hand, you cannot boot up your computer and cannot do the system recovery, How to get HP/Dell restore to factory settings when F11 doesn’t work?
How to Solve F11 System Recovery Not WorkingIissue in Windows 7/8/10?
Don’t worry, there are some solutions for you to fix F11 system recovery doesn’t work problem with the following 2 ways:
Reinstall your Windows OS with the Windows Installation disc.
Factory reset your computer.
Compared with these two ways, system recovery for HP/Dell computer is the ideal method. Luckily, you can recover system with AOMEI OneKey Recovery at ease and reset F11 as shortcut for system recovery in Windows 7/8/10. The detailed steps are listed below:
1. Download one key recovery software AOMEI OneKey Recovery, then launch it. Click on OneKey System Backup on home console.
2. Choose Backup system to AOMEI OneKey Recovery Partition(Recommended), and hit Next.
Tip: You could encrypt and compress the backup image with Backup Options.
3. Select an existing partition to allocate a required amount of free space (the free space should larger than the used space of system partition C: drive) for creating AOMEI OneKey Recovery Partition, and click Start Backup>>.
Tip: The backup progress will automatically create an AOMEI OneKey Recovery Partition, where a system backup image (suffix with .adi) is saved. This partition is hidden by default to prevent data from damaging.
4. After a few minutes, the system backup will be finished, showed like this:
5. Click the Settings icon at the top right corner to set the F11 or A key as the shortcut to onekey system recovery, choose F11. Then the F11 system recovery not working problem will be solved easily and quickly.
Now, you can see these partitions created by AOMEI OneKey Recovery in Disk Management, like this:
For GPT disk, you will get two partitions: AOMEI (boot partition) and AOMEI Recovery Partition (contains system image file suffix with .adi), all these partitions are hidden by default.
For MBR disk, you will get only one AOMEI Recovery Partition.
This powerful software also applied to other brands computers, like HP, Lenovo, Acer, Dell, Toshiba, HP and IBM, etc.
The program supports all editions (32-bit and 64-bit) of Windows operating system, like Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and Windows Server 2003/2008 (R2)/2012 (R2)/2016, SBS 2003/2008/2011, WHS 2011.
Now, you could use F11 key to restore your system to factory settings or previous state.
Another Effective Preventive Measure
As a matter of fact, you could create a system backup image to external hard drive with your computer. If the system crashes or other unbootable issue, create bootable media to boot your computer, and the use this backup image to restore your computer. This way only applies to preparation before problems occur.
Create System Backup Image
1. Download AOMEI Backupper Standard, install and launch it. On the main window, select Backup, System Backup in turn.
2. Enter a proper Task Name into the box.
3. Choose the external hard drive as the destination to save the system image in the Step2.
Tips: The program will select the system partition associated with system files automatically in the Step1.
4. Press Start Backup.
Then boot up your computer with the bootable media created by AOMEI Backupper Standard.
Restore Your Computer with the System Image
1. Connect your external hard drive with your computer. Launch AOMEI Backupper Standard, find the System Backup task on the Home tab, select Restore.
2. Then choose a backup point.
3. Preview the result of restoring, click Start Restore.
Wait for a moment, the F11 system recovery not working problem will be solved. In addition, AOMEI Backupper Standard allows you to backup hard disk, backup Dell/HP partition, restore partition, etc. as well as split, comment, encrypt backup image, and merge backup images. The most important thing, you can clone your entire hard drive (HDD) or partition to another location, like local hard drive, external hard drive, network share, NAS, USB drive, cloud drive, and many more features. For advanced users, you can try AOMEI Backupper Professional to enable universal restore, clone system, restore to dissimilar hardware computer, etc.