What does image creator do?
A disk image creator for Windows takes a snapshot of your hard drive so that you can restore it to the same state the system was whenever you need. This is helpful for system or disk recovery in case of a hard disk disaster. The term “image” is used because most such kind of software often copy the hard disk sector by sector to your image. Anyway, among numerous different Windows disk imager, which one is appropriate for you?
Choose a worthy creator
Compression, encryption, schedule backup, etc are all considerations taken into account when you look for a good disk image creator for Windows. Incremental backup is also important because full disk images occupy a lot of space. By this token, AOMEI Backupper could be your option since it’s an all-in-one backup and recovery software equipped with many advanced features, making things easier and faster for users even you’re not a computer expert. Besides, it supports both 32 bit and 64 bit of Windows 7/8/8.1/10/XP/Vista. Following steps will show you how to create Windows image via this handy tool.
Step by step
1. Install and launch AOMEI Backupper. Select “Disk Backup” on the main interface.
2. You may decide a task name as you like for distinction then select disk(s) to backup.
3. Choose the destination path.
- Unlike part of other software, if you do disk image in Windows with AOMEI, the destination can be any external hard drive such as USB or else as long as there’s enough space.
- Some specific settings for backup are available in “Backup Options” in the bottom. It’s possible to make schedule backup from “Schedule” as well.
4.Afterwards, click “Start Backup” for execution.
About disk image restoration
As mentioned before, AOMEI Backupper is not just a disk image creator for Windows, but also a recovery tool. There are two main solutions when you need to do restoration: