Toshiba Corporation is a Japanese multinational conglomerate corporation. It’s a diversified manufacturer and marketer of electrical products, spanning information & communication equipment and systems, Internet-based solutions and services, electronics components and materials, power systems, industrial and social infrastructure systems, and household applications. And boasting its reliability, Toshiba drive is widely spread around the world.
If you have a Toshiba hard drive but want to upgrade to SSD, because an SSD runs faster, cooler, and quieter than the aging technology inside HDD, task will be easily finished with a right clone software which supports to clone Toshiba hard drive to SSD.
Find a free clone software
About Toshiba clone hard drive software, it is free AOMEI Backupper that we want to recommend to you. It supports clone as well as backup & restore being compatible with all Windows editions including Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 of both 32bit and 64bit. Most useful, you are allowed to clone larger HDD to smaller SSD as long as the capacity of SSD is equal to or larger than the used space on HDD, due to the Intelligent Clone feature inside AOMEI Backupper. Even you can use it to clone failing hard drive so to avoid data loss. You don’t need to worry if there is a complicated operation, AOMEI Backupper is with intuitive interface and clone job will be achieved within four simple steps. Next, we’ll show you how to Clone Toshiba hard drive to SSD with it.
Steps to clone Toshiba hard drive to SSD
Before cloning, please connect SSD to PC. Then you have two options to clone Toshiba hard drive according to the two different connection type:
- Clone HDD to SSD without SATA to USB cable
- Clone HDD to SSD via SATA to USB cable
1. Download, install and launch AOMEI Backupper Standard. Select “Disk Clone” under “Clone” tab.
2. Select Toshiba hard drive as source disk.
3. Select SSD as destination disk.
4. Choose “Align partition to optimize for SSD” and click “Start Clone”.
- “Align partition to optimize for SSD” guarantees the correction of 4k alignment of SSD so that you can get SSD best performance.
- “Edit partition on the destination disk” provides three options as copy without resizing partition, fit all partitions to entire disk, and edit the partition on this disk, allowing you to deal with different situations - SSD is the same size as HDD, or bigger than HDD, or smaller than HDD.
- “Sector by sector clone” will clone every sector on disk no matter it is used or not, even it is a blank or bad sector.
As you see, it is so convenient to clone Toshiba hard drive to SSD with free AOMEI Backupper. In addition, it is a great Toshiba NTI Backup Now EZ alternative to help backup partition, system, disk, and files.