Network Attached Storage (NAS) is largely used to save backups, and QNAP NAS is a great option. QNAP NAS provides excellent data transfer speed to ensure the backup go smooth and allow you to easily move the backups to external storage devices when needed. Since some users concern about the stability of Windows 10, you should backup Windows 10 to QNAP NAS in case of unexpected issues.
Backup with Windows10 inbuilt backup tool
You can backup windows 10 to QNAP with Windows 10 inbuilt backup tool - Backup system image( compatible with Windows 7):
1. Open the Start menu and open “Settings”.
2. Click “Update&security”.
3. Click “Backup” > “Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
4. Select “Create a system image”.
5. Select “On a network location” > “Select”.
6. Follow to add your QNAP NAS and select the drive to backup. When the backup is completed, you can check the backup files in File Station on the QNAP NAS.
Backup Windows10 to QNAP NAS with AOMEI Backupper
AOMEI Backupper is also a free QNAP backup software, and it supports all Windows editions including Windows7/8/8.1/10/XP/Vista of both 32 bit and 64 bit. Except to backup Windows 10 OS to QNAP NAS, you can use it to do disk backup, partition backup and file backup in Windows.
1. Download, install and launch AOMEI Backupper Standard. Select “System Backup” under “Backup” tab.
2. The system file will be chosen by default at “Step 1”, and you should select your QNAP NAS as the destination path at “Step2”.
Tip:“Schedule” can be set to automatically run the backup job at an exact time of every day, week or month.
3. In the next window, click “Add Share or NAS device” to add your QNAP NAS. Finally, click “Start Backup”.
In a short while, the backup will be complete. AOMEI Backupper is so convenient for you to backup Windows 10 to QNAP NAS, and you also can use it to easily create a bootable rescue media just in case system crash or to clone hard drivewithout re-installing Windows.