About Drobo NAS
Founded in 2007, Drobo makes award-winning data storage products for both small and medium-sized enterprises(SMEs) and professional consumers. Based on their patented BeyondRAID technology, Drobo's direct-attached and network-attached storage units are quite popular in the market. It not only protects from drive failures, but also includes a battery backup system that protects all data in memory or cache. Currently, Drobo devices can house up to four, five, eight, or twelve 3.5" or 2.5" Serial ATA or Serial Attached SCSI hard disk drives and connect with a computer or network via USB 2.0, USB 3.0, FireWire 800, eSATA, Gigabit Ethernet or Thunderbolt. The Drobo 5N and Drobo B810n are the leading welcome network-attached storage for SMEs. Thus, Drobo network-attached storage (NAS) device is ideal for giving multiple users remote access to large amounts of data. From Then you may ask how to backup important data to Drobo 5N or Drobo B810n in case of data loss. A professional third-party software is your best choice.
Backup software that works well with Drobo NAS for Windows users
As a professional NAS backup software, AOMEI Backupper works well with Drobo NAS for Windows users. Based on your unique requirements, it provides System Backup, Disk Backup, Partition Backup, File Backup and File Sync to meet all your backup needs. You could make a schedule plan over Drobo NAS location, which will backup your important data between the regular daily / weekly / monthly and thereby to enhance the security of your data. AOMEI Backupper is a user-friendly backup program for you!
How to backup to Drobo NAS in Windows?
AOMEI Backupper supports Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, XP, Vista and Windows Server. Take disk backup as an example, let’s see how to backup disk to Drobo NAS via this program easily.
1. Download, install and launch AOMEI Backupper Standard first. Select Disk Backup under Backup tab on the main interface.
2. In the next screen, select the disk you need to backup in Step1. Here choose Disk0 as example.
3. Once the source disk has been selected, click Select a network share or NAS at the drop-down menu of the target path in Step2 to enter to the Share/NAS Management window.
4. Click Add share or NAS device button in the lower-left corner. Input the display name and the address of your Drobo NAS. Click OK to next step.
5. All the folders will be listed on the right-hand column once the NAS device has been added. Choose the targeted file as the destination path and click OK.
5. Confirm all the information and click Start Backup if there is no problem.
- AOMEI Backupper allows you to add multiple disks as the source disks in Step1 at the same time, which saves your time to backup multiple disks.
- Click Schedule to make a plan to run backup automatically if you want to. Check detailed guide of schedule backup.
This is how to do disk backup to Drobo NAS with AOMEI Backupper Standard. You can restore disk image by clicking on Restore button in the main interface as well. As you see, AOMEI Backupper provides the easiest way to backup data to Drobo NAS even you are a novice. If you are using Windows Sever, you need backup data to Drobo NAS with AOMEI Backupper Server Edition.