Should you use cloud backup?
You probably have heard if stories about other people loss data after hard disk failure, virus attack, system crash, or other problems. Therefore, you should be serious about backup your PC or you will wish you had some day considering the various causes behind data loss. One of the main reasons why people do not create backups is because backup will take a lot of disk space and it is inconvenient. Recent couple of years, many free could services have been introduced. You can backup PC to a cloud drive, which will always work in the background. No matter where you are, you can access the backup as long as there is internet connection.
Freeware to backup to cloud
The free cloud services do not provide PC backup solutions, but with the help of a free backup software you can easily save your backup data on cloud drive. AOMEI Backupper Standard allows you to create automatic/scheduled backup with a few clicks in Windows 10/8/7. It supports incremental backup and differential backup, so you can save a lot of space by backing up the changed and modified data while keeping backup up-to-date. As you know, many free cloud services like Google Drive, OneDrive, and DropBox provide a desktop synchronization application that will automatically synchronize files between a local folder and online storage. You can use this freeware to backup data to cloud drive synchronization folder, and the backup will also be synchronized to the cloud. Then you can access the backup files from anywhere and on any devices.
How to backup to cloud
After setting up the cloud local folder, you can follow the steps below to create a backup to cloud folder.
1. Download and run AOMEI Backupper on your computer.
2. At the Home page, click “File Backup” under Backup tab. If your cloud drive have plenty of space, you can also select “System Backup”, “Disk Backup”, or “Partition Backup”.
3. On the next page, click “Add File” or “Add Folder” to select the data that you want to backup.
4. Click “Step 2” to set the cloud drive folder as the backup target location. Here it is the OneDrive local folder.
5. If you need to run this backup repeatedly, you can click “Schedule” to configure it. For more options like image compression, encryption, and email notification, you can get it by clicking “Backup Options”. After that, click “Start Backup”.
If you do not like image files, you can also use the File Sync feature to have files backed up without imaging. With AOMEI Backupper, you can backup or sync files daily, weekly, or monthly. If you want to backup to network location, and scheduled backup at system shutdown or startup, you can upgarde to AOMEI Backupper Professional.