I have problems with backing up two hard drives to one external hard drive. Here it is I have two hard drives in my computer: a 256GB SSD (boot drive), a 2TB HDD (secondary storage drive). My external HDD drive is 1.5TB.
You might advice me to backup my files and such thing, I know I can do it manually by dragging these files into my external hard drive, but I don’t want to do that anymore. I want it to be an automatic backup. Is it possible to backup both hard drives at the same time? Do I set up two partitions something like that on my external hard drive?
Significance of Backup Multiple Hard Drives
Backup two hard drives or more is a time-saving task in Windows computer. You can spend less time than ever when you backup more than one partition simultaneously.
Most important thing is that there is no need to choose and drag which file should be backed up to external hard drive and you can take a rest or take some coffee.
Backup Software for Multiple Hard drives
To achieve backup multiple hard drives in Windows computer, you should download disk backup software - AOMEI Backupper Professional, which can also be used as disk clone software. This backup software supports several languages for different countries users such as English, French, Japanese, German, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese, which makes it widely used for Windows laptops and Desktops. It has a good reputation due to its powerful functions and user-friendly interface. The supported OS is Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10. With this comprehensive backup software, you can backup two or more hard drives at once effortlessly.
Automatic Backup Multiple Hard drives
Before you do, you may delete some useless files and uninstall applications you don’t want to keep to put your crucial data in order.
1. Connect your external hard drive with your computer; Install and launch this backup software.
2. On the main window, select "Backup" > "Disk Backup" in turn.
3. Type a proper name into that “Task Name” box.
4. In the “Step1”, click the button and select hard drives as source disk (here is Disk 0 and Disk 1), and then press “Add” to go on.
5. In the “Step2”, select the external hard drive as target disk (here is G partition on Disk 2) to save the image file.
6. Tick “Schedule” to make an automatic backup monthly, and then hit “OK”. You can also backup these hard drives via daily, weekly, and event triggers, it’s up to you.
7. Click “Start Backup” to do multiple hard drives backup.
Tips: The program will inform you to choose “Add the schedule and start backup now” or “Only add the schedule”. Select the previous one.
A few minutes later, you'll find all these hard drives have been backed up to an image file. By the way, you should know if these disks have a plenty of data, the time will be much longer. Besides, you can restore disks or individual partition from the image file if you wish. Apart from backup functions, you can use the advanced features with this software, such as system clone, merge backup images, command line restore, etc.