What’s HP recovery partition?
There is a recovery partition on your new HP computer, which takes some space but you should keep it, even backup the HP recovery partition. Because the recovery partition contains files that can restore your Windows to the state it was in the first day you had it. Once there is something wrong with the operating system, restoring it via the recovery partition can fix the issue most of the time. Therefore, you’d better have at least one backup of your HP recovery partition, and you can do the job with HP Recovery Media Creation software or an easier way - AOMEI Backupper.
Backup with HP Recovery Media Creation software
You can use HP Recovery Media Creation software to either backup HP recovery partition to discs or backup to a USB flash drive:
- If you choose to backup recovery partition to discs, only DVD-R, DVD-R DL, DVD+R, or DVD+R DL discs are compatible with the Recovery Media Creation program, and this program allows only one complete set of discs to be created.
- If you backup HP recovery partition to a USB flash drive, you should use blank, high-quality USB flash drive no greater than 32 GB , and this program also allows only one system image to be created.
Therefore, if you created a set of recovery discs, you cannot create a system image on a USB drive. If you lose your recovery partition backup, any new recovery media must be ordered online or obtained using another method.
Since so many limitations with HP Recovery Media Creation software, we recommend you AOMEI Backupper so that you can backup HP recovery partition to anywhere including discs, USB flash drives, external or internal drives and NAS (network attached storage) as long as it is not been modified or removed.
An easier way to backup HP recovery partition
AOMEI Backupper makes the job that backup HP recovery partition easier. It also supports “Universal Restore” in order to restore OS to dissimilar hardware, whereas the recovery discs created with HP Recovery Media software can only be used to restore to another computer which is the same model as the one that created the recovery discs. Next, we’ll show you how to how to backup HP recovery partition in Windows 7/8/10 via AOMEI Backupper.
1. Download, install and launch AOMEI Backupper Standard. Select “Partition Backup” under “Backup” tab.
2. Click “Step 1” to select HP recovery partition.
3. Click “Step 2” to specify a location path so as to save the backup image.
4. If you need more options, such as encryption, compression and splitting, you can click the “Backup Options” button. And “Schedule” helps to run the job automatically and regularly. In the same screen, view the task and then lick “Start Backup”.
In short, AOMEI Backupper can easily achieve to backup HP recovery partition. What’s better, you can set a system backup schedule to backup OS automatically and regularly with it, in this way, you are able to bring computer backup to earlier date you wish.