In the digital age, data and files are more important than any other time in the history. At the same time, it’s more vulnerable. So, It is very wise to back up your important data and files. In reality, many people have mixed the conception of copy and backup. Some of them have a thought that backup is copy. Therefore, before talking about backup, let’s be clear the difference of copy and backup.
Introduction of Backup and Copy Folder
When referring backup, we will take it for granted that backup is a copy, in fact, it’s not. The backup is not a simple copy, but it contains a number of other information as well as the corresponding operation permission of the folder and other additional information. After the folder finishes backup, if it is restored, the backup will be the same as the original folder. Generally, this way is used by individuals, because it is unable to use the copy to save even if saved, it is useless. “The files and Settings Transfer Wizard” in Windows XP is an example. It can backup account settings, mail, IE, MSN, desktop, file association etc., and simply copy cannot do it. Besides copy maybe lead information lose because of improper operation or copy device damage.
The Ways to Backup Folders
There are many ways to backup files in folders. You can choose any one depends on what you like. But no matter what you choose, they all have their own advantage, of course, and disadvantage.
- You can store your data and files into external storage device, such as DVD/CD, USB flash drive. We call that copy. You have to prepare an external storage device with a huge space, and the security should be paid attention to.
- You can upload your important data to cloud storage drive such as dropbox, Microsoft one drive, and so on. This way can save your much space, and you can get all data backup anywhere. But the biggest flaw is internet.
- You can backup folders with the third-party backup software, such as AOMEI Backupper, which can back up data and encrypt it. It makes up the shortcoming of storage device.
What to Prepare before Backup with AOMEI Backupper
- Check the folders whether it is right to ensure folders security. If there are some errors in your folder backup, after restoring it, the folder is also wrong, like this, it’s not meaningful.
- During backing up folder which contains system folder, ensure the system is clean and there is not junk files and error etc.
- You can backup some useful folders on your USB, removable device, CD/DVD and so on to ensure folder safety.
How to Backup Folder with AOMEI Backupper in Windows?
AOMEI Backupper Standard is a free and useful backup software to backup, restore data and avoid reinstalling system and many problems. It can be used to backup folder as follows:
Step 1: Under “Backup” table, choose “File Backup”.
Step2: Firstly name your task name as your backup name, then click “Add Folder” to select the folder which you want to backup, and then choose a path to be the destination which folder is backed up on, and continue.
Step3: Click “Start Backup” and finish the backup.
In a word, it is easy for users to backup folder which is similar to files backup. To ensure data safety, backup is necessary.
1. In addition to folders backup, AOMEI Backupper also can be used to system backup, partition backup, disk backup, schedule backup, incremental and differential backup.
2. No matter in Window XP, 7, 8, 8.1or Vista, the backup operation is same with AOMEI Backupper.