Why backup to an external hard drive?
An external hard drive is a device for storing data that exists outside your computer’s built-in hard drive. It plugs into your computer using a cable, like USB or FireWire. Generally speaking, it has higher storage capacity than your built-in hard drive. The following are the reason why backup to external hard drive:
● Backing up files to an external hard drive is simple to operate.
● you can organize files just the same as what you do on your built-in hard drive.
● external hard drives are also increasingly inexpensive to buy.
● And what is worth mentioned is that an external hard drive is portable, you can attach to your data everywhere.
Howto create anautomatic backup to external hard drive
With the fast development of technology, you can find that there are plenty of automatic backup to external hard drive software in the backup software market. To choose a suitable backup software, you must care about the efficiency and cost of backup. AOMEI Backupper enables you automatically backup to external hard drive for free, and it is easy to operate. Now let me show you the detail of the operation.
Step1. Download AOMEI Backupper, install it.
Step2. Plug the external hard drive(there can be many types, such as USB drive, CD/DVD and so on. Here we take an USB drive as the example.) into your computer using the USB port. Wait the driver installed and it will pop up “Your new hardware has been installed and is ready for use”.
Step3. Launch AOMEI Backupper, we choose the File Backup as the example, click the Backup in the left tab, then select the File Backup.
Step4. Enter a Task Name to make a distinction between this backup and others. Click Add File to choose the file you want to backup to external hard drive, and select the location where you want to store the backups. Here it is F:\.
Step5. To automatically backup to external hard drive, you should check the box in front of Schedule. And it will pop up a schedule setting interface which you can set the backup frequency. There are three mode for your choice: Daily mode, Weekly mode, Monthly mode and Event Triggers mode.
Step6. Before you start the backup, you need to make sure everything you done above meeting your requirement. Then click Start Backup button to begin the perform. Click Finish when backup is accomplished.
1. Confirm your external hard drive accommodate enough space for backups.
2. Do not extract the external hard drive before you make sure the image files already exist.
3. You need plug in the device to do the automatic backup.
4. Knowing more about advanced automatic backup to external hard drive, view the Incremental and Differential.