Why Need ADATA SSD Disk Migration Tool
ADATA is a famous manufacturer of the solid state disk (SSD) in decade. There are so many users all over the world. Obviously, achieving data migration safely to ADATA SSD disk is very important. In some cases, you have to use the ADATA SSD data migration tool:
- Your hard disk can't afford to hold any other data; you want to get your data cloned to a larger one, like an ADATA SSD disk.
- Important data must be migrated to another storage to prevent it from loss.
- You have a new hard disk with faster speed, more capacity and better performance; get your data transferred into the new one.
- Maybe you want to clone your system to another SSD disk to prevent reinstall system in some circumstance.
There are two approaches to realize the data migration: Windows built-in Backup and Restore program and the best ADATA SSD disk migration tool.
Migrate Data with Windows Built-in Program
Every Windows version has its feature to backup and restore data. You can backup your files, folders and system to other locations or external hard disk. The path of Windows 10 to backup your data is to go Start -> Settings -> Update&Security -> Backup. There are two options to back up: “Back up using File History” or “Looking for an older backup”.
The path of Windows 7 to backup is to go Start -> type backup -> Backup and Restore -> Set up backup. In Windows 8, you need to go Start -> type Windows 7 file -> Windows 7 File Recovery -> Set up backup.
It’s obvious that built-in Backup function only backup files in libraries, desktop, and in default Windows system folders. Moreover, you cannot restore individual file from the system image file.
The image file could not use directly, you should restore your data from image file when the system data get damaged, it’s kind of complicated. Thus, is there any other way to do the data migration with ease? The answer is the ADATA SSD disk migration tool - AOMEI Backupper Professional.
Migrate Data with Disk Migration Tool for ADATA SSD
AOMEI Backupper Professional is the best data migration software for SSD in Windows 10/8/7, it provides many features to manage disk, including backup, restore, clone and other utilities. AOMEI Backupper has more powerful features than Windows built-in Backup, like disk/system/partition clone, disk backup, file sync, check image, explore image, merge images etc. Following steps are according to the data migration from a hard disk to ADATA SSD drive.
1.Download the best SSD migration tool - AOMEI Backupper Professional, and launch the program. On the main console, click “Clone” at the left panel, then select “Disk Clone”.
2.Choose a source disk to clone (here is Disk 0). Then press “Next” button to continue.
3.Select ADATA SSD drive as destination disk to save the data from source disk (here is Disk 2).
- If there is a boot or system partition on the destination SSD disk, which makes the boot partition cannot boot when the clone operation completed. Thus, make sure you have the boot or system partition stored to other disk.
- Make sure the ADATA SSD disk can accept the data of source disk.
- Please backup your important data on the ADATA SSD in case of data loss.
4.Press the “Next” button to continue. On the “Operation Summary” window, confirm the operations. And click the “Start Clone” button to migrate data.
There are several additional options in this step.
- Click “Edit partitions on the destination disk” to adjust the size of partition, if necessary.
- Tick “Sector by sector clone” to clone all sectors on the source disk whether the sector is in use or not. If you tick the option, make sure the capacity of ADATA SSD disk is larger than source disk, at least equal to the latter. And the time will be much longer. Or just leave it alone.
- If your destination disk is a SSD (like ADATA SSD disk) disk, please make sure you have ticked “Align partition to optimize for SSD”, if else, just leave it alone.
AOMEI Backupper is an universal migration tool for SSD and it also applies for other hard drives. The data migrated by AOMEI Backupper can be directly used, it’s an exact replica of source disk and don’t have to restore operations to get data.
After comparing AOMEI Backupper and Windows built-in Backup program, it’s obvious that AOMEI Backupper is more reliable and flexible to use.